You vote one in
You vote one out
In, out, in, out
Shake it all about
You all know the rules by now. Or maybe you don’t. Actually, I’m not sure there are any rules, are there? Maybe. Who knows?
Here are 11 songs. Tell us which you’d save from a burning building and which you’d throw from a deflating hot air balloon. Or something.
It’s surprisingly difficult to choose a playlist with no parameters whatsoever. Tincanman began this game by trying to find the 10 most perfect songs of all time, so here are 11 perfect songs which particularly wanted you to hear them. I’m going to be terribly hurt whichever one you choose to vote off, so please be gentle.
Warning: may contain music of a melancholy and/or romantic nature.
Artists and titles after the break…
1. Frida Hyvonen – Dirty Dancing
2. Joan Baez – Diamonds and Rust
3. Amy Winehouse – Love Is A Losing Game
4. Dusty Springfield – I Think It’s Going To Rain Today
5. Tindersticks – Dancing
[I unilaterally decided that Tindersticks were last week's winners, so they stayed on. This may or may not become a rule.]
6. Cowboy Junkies – Darkling Days
7. Bonnie Prince Billy – After I Made Love To You
8. Gillian Welch – Black Star
9. John Martyn – May You Never
10. Gram Parsons (and Emmylou Harris) – Hearts on Fire
11. First Aid Kit – Emmylou