1. I never even tried to learn to ride a motorbike. Most of the time I feel OK about having missed out on this but there are times that I see people on bikes having a lot of fun and wish that I had. Is there any essential or peripheral life skill that you didn’t bother to acquire when you could have and that now, at times, you wish you had?
2. Moving on from number one. I have tried, god knows how many times, to learn to water ski. And it is beyond me. I have been dragged along behind countless motor boats and have probably swallowed more sea water than can possibly be good for anyone. All my family can do it but I can’t. Is there anything that you have really tried and wanted to learn to do that you just couldn’t master?
3. I am, on the other hand, good at languages. Many people here in Madrid don’t realise I’m English until I tell them. I don’t feel proud about this, just lucky. Is there anything that you are effortlessly good at?
4. I’m a teacher and I love my job. What would you enjoy teaching the rest of us ‘Spillers to do? (Looking for a skill you’d like to share with us not a list of reproaches, please. Although I suppose answers directed at me would be fair, given that I asked the question!)
5. And what would you like to learn from a fellow ‘Spiller?