We’ve been doing our best to come up with questions for each other for a long time now. It gets harder and harder, although Abahachi’s excellent set clearly struck a chord with most of us last week. Now, I hope I’m not jumping the gun here, but I thought it might be fun if we tried to answer some of the questions that are thrown our way by musicians. Purists, please look away, they’re all music related, but not really, if you think about it.
Here’s a selection:
1. Elvis Costello wants to know: (What’s so funny ’bout) Peace, Love and Understanding?
2. Miles Davis would like you to help with this one: How Deep is the Ocean?
3. Neil Young really needs to know: Are you ready for the Country?
4. Larry Wallis is just getting down to basics: Are We Having Fun Yet?
5. That’s about as far as my limited imagination and itunes library will get on a “‘?” search! What’s your favourite Question Song? And what’s the answer?