You’ve had a whole week, and nobody’s posted any guesses for a while, so I figure it’s time to post the answers.
1. And don’t forget my dog, fixed and consequent
“Astronomy” by Blue Öyster Cult (you are free to debate whether this one is really prog or not) Nobody guessed it anyway.
2. The note he left was signed “Old Father Thames”, it seems he’s drowned
“Dancing with the Moonlit Knight”, Genesis. Guessed by Toffeeboy
3. A man who thinks he owns the future will sell your vacuum with his prose
Porcupine Tree, “Four Chords that Made a Million”. Where were all the Porcupine Tree fans this week?
4. At paranoia’s poison door
DarceysDad got this one – King Crimson’s “21st Century Schizoid Man”
5. And God and his accountants drove away
Fish’s “Big Wedge” from his first solo album “Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors”.
6. No-one dared call it a boat
Post-Fish Marillion; “Out of This World” from Afraid of Sunlight. Now we know who doesn’t read the ‘Spill, don’t we?
7. No his mind is not for rent to any god or government.
DarceysDad got this one too – Rush’s “Tom Sawyer”
8. If every time we tell a lie, a little fairy dies, they must be building death-camps in the garden.
“Human Being” by Twelfth Night. The token really obscure one; included because there’s at least one other fan of theirs who posts to RR on Fridays.
9. Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits you
Yes, “Heart of the Sunrise”. You can’t have a prog lyric quiz without some of Jon Anderson’s surreal stream-of-consciousness gibberish. But still nobody guessed it.
10. The bad blood slows and turns to stone
Pink Floyd, “Dogs”, guessed by Proudfoot.
4/10. Must try harder